Winter in Arizona: the Perfect Time to Visit Tanque Verde Ranch!
Just when other corners of the country are getting cold and snow-covered, the Tucson area is just about perfect. Escape that snow, sleet, and below-zero weather and head south. From November through March, book your stay at Arizona’s best dude ranch, Tanque Verde Ranch, and experience the prime time for a vacation in Arizona. The average temperatures in Tucson from November through February are a balmy mid to upper 60’s, not too hot and perfect to enjoy all the fun, and exciting activities the Ranch and the Tucson area have to offer!
At Tanque Verde Ranch, there is something for everybody, whether you are an explorer who is looking to hike through the Arizona mountains or someone who wants to relax and catch some rays by the pool. Located right at the base of the Rincon Mountains, the Ranch offers access to all of the excitement and adventure that the Tucson area has to offer. Over the upcoming winter months, take part in the numerous events and activities planned for the whole family at Tanque Verde Ranch that are sure to bring everlasting memories.
Things Happening Around Tanque Verde Ranch This Winter
Book your trip and experience first-hand all of the exciting things happening at Tanque Verde Ranch this winter. Whether you are looking to spend a relaxing holiday at the Ranch with your family or are looking for an adventurous vacation on horseback, the ranch has it all. Watch your kids’ faces light up as their cowgirl/cowboy dreams come to life during the multitude of horsemanship programs we have to offer.
Imagine yourself surrounded by saguaro cacti and mountains just waiting to be explored. Tanque Verde Ranch offers an abundance of activities for all ages and members of the family. Let out your inner adventurer and spend a day exploring the surrounding Rincon mountains on horseback or take a guided hiking, biking, or Jeep adventure tour that will feel straight out of a movie. If it’s relaxation you’re after, you will love the variety of yoga classes we offer or the chance to soak up some of that much-needed Vitamin D by the pool. At night when the temperatures cool, grab your family and warm up by the cozy fireplaces that are included in many of our accommodations.
Escape those winter blues and leave sun-kissed by the sun. Whatever type of vacation you are after, there is never a dull moment at Tanque Verde Ranch!
Holidays at the Ranch
Imagine yourself surrounded by the beautiful Arizona scenery this Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spend the holidays at Tanque Verde Ranch and let us do the cooking and the cleaning too! Choose from one of our all-inclusive packages and enjoy the relaxing holiday that you have been yearning for.
Boots N’ Brews
Boots n’ Brews is back for a 2nd year—January 31-February 2, book your vacation at Tanque Verde Ranch and experience a fun-filled and beer-filled weekend unlike any other. Get your boots on and your beer mug ready on Friday as the weekend festivities officially kick off with a ‘local brews tap takeover’ at the Dog House Saloon. On Saturday, don’t miss out on the premiere event! Head down to Cottonwoods for the annual Boots n’ Brews tasting event and vote on what beer you would like to see as the next official Tanque Verde Ranch beer. The winner will be featured on tap in the Dog House Saloon for one whole year, with 10% of the proceeds going to Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT).
Tucson Offers a Little Something for Everyone
Take a break from the Ranch life and venture out into the city of Tucson. You won’t be disappointed! Once in Tucson, just look around and take in the surrounding mountain ranges and parks just waiting to be explored. If you like history, don’t miss Tucson’s El Presidio Historic District and find yourself surrounded by the adobe row houses of Barrio Historico. Throughout the winter months, enjoy the numerous events and festivals taking place around the city that are sure to appeal to anyone in the family.
Things to do and see this winter around Tucson:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Turning your idea of a museum inside out! The family will love this 98-acre zoo, aquarium, botanical garden, natural history museum, and art gallery all in one. Explore the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum’s two miles of walking paths traversing 21 acres of beautiful desert landscape. The kids will love the gardens, live animal presentations, and exhibits. Witness first-hand Arizona’s history, culture, and more, 365 days a year!
- 2nd Saturdays Downtown Tucson Take part in this family-friendly music festival held in downtown Tucson every second Saturday of the month. Imagine you and your family surrounded by music, vendors, street performers, and much more as Congress Street comes alive. Each month there is something new. The event is free and has something for the whole family!
- Tucson Jazz Festival – January 10-20, 2020 | In its sixth season, the Tucson Jazz Festival takes place over ten days in January and brings in renowned Jazz musicians from all over the country. The festival is primarily located in downtown Tucson at the historic Fox Tucson Theater and Rialto Theatre. A highlight of the festival is a free event on Martin Luther King Day with two outdoor stages and at least a half dozen indoor venues featuring music throughout the city. The Tucson Jazz Festival is sure to get everyone, young and old, out on the dance floor!
- 95th Tucson Rodeo – February 15-23, 2020 | Get right in on the action at the 95th annual La Fiesta de los Vaqueros. Heralded as Sourthern Arizona’s oldest and most celebrated heritage event since its inception, La Fiesta, and the Tucson Rodeo cannot be missed. Your family will love witnessing the sports best cowboys and cowgirls compete in exhilarating rodeo performances. Don’t miss the Tucson Rodeo Parade taking place on Thursday, February 20, which is billed as the longest non-motorized parade in the world!
- Take a historic bike tour through Tucson – Rent a bike, and either take a tour through historic Tucson with a group or explore on your own! In historic Tucson you can witness the vivid colors of the El Presidio Historic District and take in the sights of where the city of Tucson first began. Make sure to stop by the Old Town Artisans area where you will be surrounded by handcraft stores, lively brewpubs, and Mexican cantinas. Feel that warm Arizona breeze as you pedal through historic streets, all the while creating lasting memories.
- Mount Lemmon Scenic Byway Also known as the Catalina Highway or the Sky Islands Scenic Byway, take a drive on the Mount Lemmon Scenic Byway, originating at the northeast edge of Tucson and climbing 27 miles to the heights of Mount Lemmon. Your kids will be glued to their windows as you travel through the Sonoran Desert and pass by “hoodoos,” tall, thin spires of weathered rock. Make sure to stop at the vista area of Windy Point where you will be greeted by breathtaking 180-degree views of the valleys and mountains below.
- Tucson Gem, Mineral & Fossil Showcase – February 1-16, 2020 | Be immersed in one of Tucson’s premeire showcases as the rock, gem, mineral, and jewelery worlds align. Every year gemologists, researchers, artists, authors, minors, and thousands of trade companies come together from every continent. Whether you are a rock and gem enthusiast or a new onlooker, you will never forget this one-of-a-kind showcase held right in downtown Tucson.
Book Your Trip Today!
Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday vacation or an adventurous trip exploring the Arizona desert, there is something for everybody at Tanque Verde Ranch. Escape the snow and ice and book your trip now for a getaway you and your family will never forget. After your stay spent relaxing at Tanque Verde Ranch or exploring Tucson, your family will leave with new experiences and memories that will last a lifetime.