Tanque Verde Ranch Packing List
We have come up with the ultimate Packing List for your trip to Tanque Verde Ranch. It is essential to bring the majority of these items so you can guarantee your participation in all the activities you desire. It is no fun when you hope to go Horseback Riding and get denied because you do not have proper footwear along. Vacationing at Tanque Verde Ranch has many items you would not expect to bring on other vacations. It is important to look through all the activities and make mental notes of what you need to wear, items to bring, and extra components to enhance your overall Dude Ranch experience. And most importantly, to be safe!
When preparing to vacation at the Ranch, you will need more than your typical summer tanks, tees, and shorts. It is very important to bring long jeans and closed toed shoes (preferably boots or tennis shoes) for Horseback Riding. (HINT: If you don’t have any boots and want some, our local Boot Barn in Tucson provides all TVR guests a 10% discount on new boots.) Be sure to bring tennis shoes and proper pants for Mountain Biking and Hiking as well. It is up to you on whether or not you wish to wear a long sleeve shirt on these excursions as it is possible your bare arm could brush a prickly cactus. OUCH! Also, don’t forget your swimwear for the relaxing time at the pool. It can get quite cold in the mornings and evenings in the desert so be sure to bring a sweatshirt and a light jacket.
See the complete packing list for clothing to bring below:
- Summer Casual Wear
- Light jacket
- Workout Close for the Gym and/or Yoga
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Semi-formal Dress Wear for Dinner
- Light Pajamas
- Riding Boots
- Tennis Shoes
Now that clothing is perfected in your packing list let’s move on to other items and necessities you should bring along. A lot of the time at the Ranch you will be facing the hot, Arizona sun. Be sure to bring sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen to protect your eyes, face, and skin. People from all around the world have different skin types and can react differently to the desert climate. The sun in Arizona is very powerful so please bring items to cover your eyes, face, and skin. We also encourage you to bring your very own water bottle as it is crucial to stay hydrated while you are at the Ranch. Even if you are not thirsty, you must continue to drink water every hour. We offer a couple of water bottle-filling stations around the resort. When hiking it can be hard to carry a water bottle, camera, cell phone, hat…etc., we recommend bringing a sports drawstring bag or small backpack to carry these items. Please note that backpacks are not permitted on horseback or mountain biking.
See the rest of the items on the packing list you should bring along:
- Water Bottle
- Draw-string bag or small backpack
- Cell Phone and Charger
- Toiletry Necessities
Optional Items for Packing:
- Cowboy/Cowgirl Apparel: It’s always fun to enhance your experience by being dressed as a Cowboy/Cowgirl.
- Bandana: For dry and dusty days it helps eliminate breathing in the dirt on rides or hikes.
- Lotion and Aloe Vera Gel: Being in the desert can make your skin very dry. Be sure to follow airline regulations if you are flying. Bring Aloe Vera Gel for those prone to getting sunburn. Put it in the fridge when you check into your room for a cooling sensation for your sunburn. Just don’t forget it when you leave!
- Binoculars: Bring binoculars for nature hikes and bird watching. Tanque Verde Ranch has their very own bird watching checklist. See it here.
- Riding Gloves: We provide gloves for Mountain Biking, but you may bring your gloves for Mounting Biking and Horseback Riding.
- Rain Gear: Although rain is very seldom at the Ranch, but it is possible and rides
We are so excited to have you as our guest at Tanque Verde Ranch. We ask that you carefully pack what is needed to get the best experience possible. If you have any questions, please contact our friendly front desk staff at 800.234.3833 or contact our reservations department at 86.413.3833.